Question

Soundcloud Won't Upload Image

• 12 April 2017
  • 9 replies

My account will not let me upload an image for either my profile picture or a cover album for an uploaded track. I've done all of the basic steps, such as clearing cookies/cache and making sure the image is under 2MB.

9 replies

Did you check that it was above the minimum resolution? I had that problem once and I'm pretty sure it was solved once I uploaded a picture greater than the minimum resolution.
No, the thing is, when I click on "update image" it allows me to select an image- then it shows the same popup box where I would usually crop my prof. pic but instead of my picture it's Soundcloud's generic purple/blue gradient. It's definitely not a size issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

If this issue persists, please see here for more info and troubleshooting steps.

Thanks
Just got it to work! went to Pixlr.com (you can go to any photo editing website or use any app) I cropped my image using 1000 x 1000 and now it works just fine
Just got it to work! went to Pixlr.com (you can go to any photo editing website or use any app) I cropped my image using 1000 x 1000 and now it works just fine
Please help! I am having the exact same problem as the author and I tried this method and it still doesn't work.
Yikes I'm currently up to 2 am in the morning trying to fix my image so that I can upload to Itunes
I´m having this issue too - and I´ve tried all of the above and followed Soundcloud´s own suggestions too on their support page. Any ideas what to do next? It has worked before - so why is it suddenly not working anymore? I´m getting the purple box only.

EDIT! Now it suddenly worked!
I´m having this issue too - and I´ve tried all of the above and followed Soundcloud´s own suggestions too on their support page. Any ideas what to do next? It has worked before - so why is it suddenly not working anymore? I´m getting the purple box only.

EDIT! Now it suddenly worked!

What did you do to get it working?
Changing the picture to the 1000 x 1000 did the trick!