Question

Spotlight feature only adding songs/mixes I've uploaded

• 15 April 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I've had this issues with my spotlight feature since I signed up to a pro account. It will only find and add song I've uploaded myself. It can't find any that are reposted on to my soundcloud. I've tried writing out the name of the mixes and comes back with 'no results found', I've tried on safari, chrome and firefox and still got the same response. As I do guest mixes for others I would really like this feature to work properly. Please help!

3 replies

Hi, i have discovered the same problem since i have purchased a pro account a few weeks ago. It seems to be deliberate and this is very annoying, most artists don't upload their own tracks, this is the labels or channels who upload the tracks. The only thing we can do is creating a playlist and add the track into, which hide the originals likes and reposts...

This way the only use of my pro account is to get a little star next to my name ... If nothing change i will cancel this offer, i don't pay 7€/month for an orange star.
It seems to be deliberate and this is very annoying, most artists don't upload their own tracks, this is the labels or channels who upload the tracks. 

Exactly. Most of the tracks I would like to highlight were posted by labels or channels. This is very annoying, Soundcloud please fix it!

A workaround (as mentioned here: https://community.soundcloud.com/upload-manage-230060/adding-and-prioritising-a-repost-to-spotlight-7420776): you can create a playlist and add reposts to it, then you can show the playlist in the Spotlight.

Not ideal, but better than nothing for now...