Question

"start new recording"

Why won't it let me record straight to soundcloud anymore? Why is the button even there if it is not an enabled feature? That is a feature I had used often and wish to use it again. I don't care about the quality for the listeners sake. I just want to record my sounds for people interested to hear them.

11 replies

I'm having the same issue. This was an amazing feature that provided ease of access when I needed an on-the-spot recording. If a support member could assist us, it would be much appreciated!
lol so not only am i rude af online obvi but also i found the link of which the answer lay, which also conveniently ironically and post-humorously was posted, here, on the soundcloud community page jaint, four months prior to me posting this estranged question of a comment I so poorly splayed onto the web. haha sorry for my lag, noticed it got lots of views so if anyone is still wondering how to use the dang button here's a link; person even posted screen shots to explain their problem properly. lol https://soundcloudcommunity.com/upload-manage-230060/start-new-recording-button-is-not-working-7351329
Userlevel 1
Everytime my computer is shut off, I must spend inordinate amts of time figuring how to Start New Recording..... i've recorded 666 original tracks direct thru my laptop, & am paying premium price.....today the orange REC circle icon that flashes for barely a second is frustratingly beyond my grasp. ''Start New Recording'' is the only reason i use Soundcloud...........this is bullshit......soundcloud "support" is a freeking mess to try & get thru...................i guess i'll try again 2moro when something is done about this.
They're probably charging to record now..... That's my only guess. Cause the record button isn't even an option on mine anymore, just upload. It was there a couple weeks ago for me and now it isn't 😞 Won't use soundcloud anymore if that's the case. 😠
Userlevel 1
Why won't it let me record straight to soundcloud anymore? Why is the button even there if it is not an enabled feature? That is a feature I had used often and wish to use it again. I don't care about the quality for the listeners sake. I just want to record my sounds for people interested to hear them.

This is terrible what they've done.

“Choose file to upload” is no use to me!
I have always uploaded using audio into computer mic.

Why has this function been taken away?
Userlevel 1
They're probably charging to record now..... That's my only guess. Cause the record button isn't even an option on mine anymore, just upload. It was there a couple weeks ago for me and now it isn't 😞 Won't use soundcloud anymore if that's the case. :@

"They're probably charging to record now" .. what exactly do you mean?
My guess is that you have to upgrade and buy their advanced version to be able to record. I hope I’m wrong and it’s just a glitch that will get fixed.
Unfortunately, it's not a glitch or a temporary oversight: https://soundcloudcommunity.com/company-announcements-230058/removing-the-onsite-record-feature-7383807
Really disappointing move, in my opinion. The audio editing apps they have suggested are way over my head and I loved the simplicity and ease of the 'Record Now' option. Now that has been removed, I am looking at what my options are. Does any one know of any easy to use apps that simply record and can be used to upload directly to SoundCloud?
Userlevel 1
This "move" with no warning is a total dis-service to those of us who only use
Recording on a computer directly to SoundCloud" & are not involved in any other of SoundCloud's hype & promo-tool crap. I pay for unlimited recording time, so i suppose there's no reason to continue paying for this "advanced" PLAN. I am not very cyber-savy, am not interested in filling my head with all the crap "necessary" to keep up with the Techie crowd. I have used this "service' to be able to SPONTANEOUSLY record my primitive musical (very lo-tech) musings WITHOUT having to make more files to upload. Also, i have no recording equipment, don't want any as i am 65yrs old with significant cardiac (you know, that Heart disease shit), disability, & can no longer DO all the hustling musician crap to have an outlet for my "creative impulses" I have to 'get by' SSDI money & that's it.......thanks alot dear SC, you've really pulled the rug out from under one who is somewhat more vulnerable than most of your customers. So, what happens to the nearly 700 tracks i've recorded. Do i need to download them all to someplace else? Do i have to continue to pay for "unlimited" service to not lose them? I don't even know what 'my Plan' is called, but the only reason i upgraded to it was to be able to spontaneously RECORD.... So, ANY suggestions (or Moral Support) would be appreciated PEACE & BLESSINGS, kids. You can find me as Daniel Kozak Wozny on FB, (that other exasperating "social network)..... dankozak@aol.com
Userlevel 1
Do we now get a refund for Unlimited Pro plan? I'm at a loss of what to do? I used to ONLY upload to Soundcloud using RECORD NOW function > audio recorder to computer mic. How lousy to do this, it's just wrong! Glad to hear others are just as peeved.
Userlevel 1

You still have a START NEW RECORDING button? Odd.. I don't.