Answered

Stream is broken

• 27 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Stream only showing my own reposts and songs
icon

Best answer by Mathis 29 July 2019, 12:25

I've had it happen to me over 30 times, and it has happened to me 3 days this week. As you go through all the different times it's happened to people soundcloud seems to do nothing but say it's an outage and everything should be fine when I believe they do nothing to fix the problem because they barely respond to anyones complaint about it. I've sent them a question about it before and never received a response back. It'd be nice to get a better understanding on why it happens and how to fix it. This shouldn't be a continuing problem for some people while others never experience this issue. Doesn't make sense. If ya'll don't know how to fix it you should just straight up say it.

Hey there,

The Stream "breaking" usually means that something on the backend at SoundCloud is performing in a compromised manner. The engineering teams continue to improve measures for early detection and more stable overall performance, however there will always be the chance of an outage or system failure, affecting some of our users (not always the same users though). This is why we're seeing reports coming in sometimes, and when we do our engineers try to fix these things as soon as possible.

I can understand this is frustrating from you as a user who simply wants to see what's new on their Stream, and we're grateful for all of you hanging in there patiently when these things happen.

@BELZ I hope you're all set again. We haven't heard from many other users having the same issue around the time of your report, but we'll be sure to keep an eye out.
View original

4 replies

ME TOOO ! 😡
I've had it happen to me over 30 times, and it has happened to me 3 days this week. As you go through all the different times it's happened to people soundcloud seems to do nothing but say it's an outage and everything should be fine when I believe they do nothing to fix the problem because they barely respond to anyones complaint about it. I've sent them a question about it before and never received a response back. It'd be nice to get a better understanding on why it happens and how to fix it. This shouldn't be a continuing problem for some people while others never experience this issue. Doesn't make sense. If ya'll don't know how to fix it you should just straight up say it.
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem !
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey there,

The Stream "breaking" usually means that something on the backend at SoundCloud is performing in a compromised manner. The engineering teams continue to improve measures for early detection and more stable overall performance, however there will always be the chance of an outage or system failure, affecting some of our users (not always the same users though). This is why we're seeing reports coming in sometimes, and when we do our engineers try to fix these things as soon as possible.

I can understand this is frustrating from you as a user who simply wants to see what's new on their Stream, and we're grateful for all of you hanging in there patiently when these things happen.

@BELZ I hope you're all set again. We haven't heard from many other users having the same issue around the time of your report, but we'll be sure to keep an eye out.