Question

Struggling with " Podcast artwork must be between 1400 x 1400 and 3000 x 3000 pixels, JPG or PNG, in RGB color space, and hosted on a server that allows HTTP head requests." error.

I have searched this forum and found the same problem, but the links to the discussions don't seem to work so I needed to start a new one.

I'm new to podcasting, but trying to upload my clients monthly radio talkshow as a podcast. Keep getting " Podcast artwork must be between 1400 x 1400 and 3000 x 3000 pixels, JPG or PNG, in RGB color space, and hosted on a server that allows HTTP head requests" error message. I have checked my profile image and specific podcast episode artwork and they seem to meet the size, color and format requirements. I have also double checked my permissions and as far as I can tell they are correct. Is there something else I might be missing? Why is this so difficult? ARGH! Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, it looks like your profile picture is currently 1223 x 1223 pixel in size actually. Updating this to a version that is 1400 x 1400px should sort out the issue for you. https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003450007-Profile-image-and-header

You can check if updating has worked as follows: Copy your RSS feed URL from https://soundcloud.com/settings/content and paste it to the address field of a new browser window, hit enter. You'll see a bunch of text - that's your RSS feed, every "item" is an episode essentially. Search for a URL that ends with .jpg (you can do that by hitting cmd+F for a search (ctrl+F on a Windows computer)). When you copy and paste the picture URL into yet another browser window address field and hit enter, you'll have the picture that is used for your feed. You can now download it and look at its dimensions to double check it is 1400 x 1400 px. Please note that this is purely troubleshooting, not an "everyday task" 🙂

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis
Thanks Mathias! That's what did it! I had asked our in-house graphic artist to double check the size of that image and she agreed it was 1,400x 1,400. So I replaced with with another image and then re-uploaded the original image and that worked. Our podcast is on it's way to iTunes approval! Thanks much!
Mathis wrote:

Hi there,

Hmm, it looks like your profile picture is currently 1223 x 1223 pixel in size actually. Updating this to a version that is 1400 x 1400px should sort out the issue for you. https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003450007-Profile-image-and-header

You can check if updating has worked as follows: Copy your RSS feed URL from https://soundcloud.com/settings/content and paste it to the address field of a new browser window, hit enter. You'll see a bunch of text - that's your RSS feed, every "item" is an episode essentially. Search for a URL that ends with .jpg (you can do that by hitting cmd+F for a search (ctrl+F on a Windows computer)). When you copy and paste the picture URL into yet another browser window address field and hit enter, you'll have the picture that is used for your feed. You can now download it and look at its dimensions to double check it is 1400 x 1400 px. Please note that this is purely troubleshooting, not an "everyday task" 🙂

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

Hey there bud. Do you mind taking a look at our profile and help us with this situation? I feel like I've done what you suggested to the previous user. Thanks
I also keep getting the error message: "Podcast artwork must be between 1400 x 1400 and 3000 x 3000 pixels, JPG or PNG, in RGB color space, and hosted on a server that allows HTTP head requests." when submitting the RSS feed to iTunes.

I followed the steps above and replaced all artwork on the podcast to 2000 x 2000 px or 1400 x 1400 px. They are saved as png's or jpg's in RBG color space. When I followed the step above of opening the RSS url in a browser window and downloading images, the images were all different sizes, either too big or too small. Why do the image sizes not reflect the files that were uploaded?

Thanks
I still have the same problem. Can you please help!
I am having the same issue. I first created the artwork at 3000 x 3000 but then updated/resized the graphic to 1400 x 1400 and still having issues submitting to iTunes.