Question

Successfully uploaded track for mobile but now it say's cant play the track try again later

• 3 August 2016
  • 3 replies

I recorded and uploaded a track from my mobile, and it says successfully uploaded.
But I can't play it even once until now, it says cannot play, even the track length is 0:00.
Its been 2 hours.
Anyone knows what happen?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry about the troubles. I've looked into this and strangely, the actually file doesn't seem to have made it to our servers, hence I cannot trigger for the track to push through all the way from our end either.

Hope you have a backup copy and can try uploading again. Did you use a specific app for the recording & editing of the track?

Cheers
Mathis
To make it worst, I don't have the backup because I record and upload right away.
Nope, I use soundcloud mobile app, not even edit the track.
:((
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
To make it worst, I don't have the backup because I record and upload right away.
Nope, I use soundcloud mobile app, not even edit the track.
:((

Argh, so sorry to hear that! I currently don't see any reason that might have triggered this issue to occur from our end - all the settings on your account are fine. When you record another track on your phone, you can make a backup by connecting the phone to your computer first and move the file from the "recordings" folder, then upload (either via the app, or directly through your computer browser).

All the best, hope this won't happen again!
Mathis