Answered

Suddenly unable to share tracks from GarageBand to Soundcloud, Error HTTP 401...

• 1 February 2018
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 1
I have a Podcast that send to iTunes from SoundCloud, and everything has worked seamlessly until yesterday. Once I finished editing the track in GarageBand, I was unable to share it to SoundCloud and received HTTP Error: 401. Now I am entirely unable to even log into SoundCloud through GarageBand. When I click share to Soundcloud, I am continually prompted to sign in and have to prove I am not a robot until by chance I pass somehow and connect... only to receive HTTP Error: 401 and begin the entire sign in process again. SUPER FRUSTRATING! Can someone please help since I seem to have no idea what to do??? Everything appears to be updated and all my accounts are in good standing. I'm just not sure what changed. : ( Meanwhile, I have several episodes to upload.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 2 February 2018, 14:51

UPDATE: Our engineers were able to investigate & find the root cause. This should now be fixed for you.

Thanks for hanging in there, your help with this by reporting the issue is much appreciated!

Cheers
Mathis
View original

21 replies

Userlevel 1
Same problem here! You know what's frustrating? Proving you're not a robot over and over and over....
Userlevel 1
and over and over and over... and I'm pretty sure that I am clicking the correct boxes, yet somehow repeatedly fail... hahahaha. Until this gets resolved, I am just bypassing by creating a track out of Garageband and directly uploading via Soundcloud. Just thought I'd share in case anyone is thinking about "What next?"
I am now having this problem trying to connect with Logic. HTTP Error: 401... confirmed my password, even changed it to make sure I was entering the right information. Keep getting the Captcha screens over and over and it does not work.
I am having the same issues myself. Very frustrating
Same here, been like it all day
Same here. Very frustrating.
Saaame. It's fine if I upload from the website, but not from GarageBand. Grr.
#metoo 😃
It's happening to me also. I'm very angry because I paid for my subscription but I can't share songs anymore. This is very shameful!
Same
I’m having the same issue from all of my devices. SoundCloud has to reset their integration system. Apparently this happened about a year ago also. Same prob, downloading from GarageBand. A tech at SoundCloud had to fix it. I found this info in a previous thread further down this main forum page. I didn't catch the time frame it took but it's been 2 days so far and I have seen no indication that SC has responded to this issue....So, where else is a good place to try instead of SC? Spotify, Apple Music, Youtube? Anybody? We could all leave together.
Yeah, I am having the same issue as well. It's frustrating to keep proving I am not a bot over and over and over and over and over again. I am a god dam human being bro.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear this is happening to you. I've reached out to our engineers to see if there's more information around this & for this to be investigated. In the meantime, in order to work around the issue, you can export your tracks to an audio file format and upload directly from the SoundCloud.com website. Of course, not a solution, merely a workaround. Thank you for hanging in there.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
UPDATE: Our engineers were able to investigate & find the root cause. This should now be fixed for you.

Thanks for hanging in there, your help with this by reporting the issue is much appreciated!

Cheers
Mathis
Hi, now it's working. Just uploaded a song from Audiomastering App to SOUNDCLOUD : credentials accepted!
Still happening to me!!!! 😞 Can't log in to soundcloud using the garageband because of the recaptcha not working
ikr was surprised sc let me sign into these forums😂😒
This is still an issue with imac running logic pro x... attempting to share to soundcloud directly prompts a log in to sound cloud every time then immediately states 'invalid scope'. Please can you fix this as I dont always want to bounce the tracks to share!
I am using GarageBand on an iPad. SoundCloud rejects some files due to copyright issues. Can it be correct that Garageband allows the loops to be used but SC rejects them? Students working on a music unit.

THanks for clarifying
I'm having the same issue. Very frustrating. Any luck anyone in having this fixed? Tried different computers, browsers, etc.
I am using GarageBand on my laptop. SoundCloud rejects my podcast.
can you please inform me what tot do ?