Question

The last 3 mixes I tried to upload were rejected because of copytight protection.

• 2 March 2015
  • 4 replies

My question is: Why are there thousands of mixes being uploaded by thousands of people without any problem? Should I label the mixes as "podcasts"?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Alex,

Sorry, I know it's frustrating but we have laws to follow otherwise we wouldn't be around for long. Take a look at this checklist, it applies to everyone on SoundCloud (including podcasters).

If you want to dispute any of these takedowns on your account then our copyright team can review your case, please send them an email here.

Hope that helps you to understand.

Best,
Gina
Hi Gina, and thank you for your answer. I could show you other mixes uploaded containing the very same tracks than the ones that made my mix rejected... I don't like to point others because I don't want to harm anybody, but I can assure it
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Gina, and thank you for your answer. I could show you other mixes uploaded containing the very same tracks than the ones that made my mix rejected... I don't like to point others because I don't want to harm anybody, but I can assure it
Hi Alex,

Thanks for following up on this. However, please note that copyright matter are currently not covered on the help forum. Instead, please write an email to our Copyrights Team directly (in the subject drop down menu, choose "Copyrights"). They will be able to assist with your questions most efficiently.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi Mathis, thanks a lot for your indications, but I think this is not a question about copyright, it's a question about why some users "can" and other users "cannot", and could be a very interesting question for many users aswell.
Regards