Question

this track cantThis track can’t be played right now. Please try again later.

• 12 August 2016
  • 3 replies

uploaded a track 18 hours ago, since then i see the track but also this message:
"This track can’t be played right now. Please try again later."
help?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

I'm afraid the actual file never made it to our servers. Merely the metadata was created. Thus, I wasn't able to pull the track all the way through. I hope you have a backup copy and can upload the track again.

Best
Mathis
Hello Mathis,

First of all, I thank you for your quick response. That being said, I must say I find the content of your message very disappointing. Me and my friend produce a podcast on various issues, and relied on your platform for recording our show. Our show is a one-take podcast which cannot be re-recorded since it loses all its' authenticity that way. We used your platform for recording our show, and have no other copy of this file. I find it very disappointing to find out we shouldn't have trusted your recording platform and that it turns out as unreliable. Throughout the recording, everything occurred normally and we had no indication that anything was wrong. We plan to produce many more shows and thought your platform was a steady and reliable option for us to record and share our media. We were considering upgrading that account to a pro unlimited version so we can share our data on your platform as our content grows, an idea which now seems irrelevant, due to the fact we are now discovering it is not as reliable and trust worthy as we had thought it to be.
I ask you to make another effort and try other ways to restore our file. As i have mentioned above, we do not have another copy of this file and re-recording it will be useless. We want to know we can trust your platform and costumer service as our show grows.

Thank you,
Idan
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello Mathis,

First of all, I thank you for your quick response. That being said, I must say I find the content of your message very disappointing. Me and my friend produce a podcast on various issues, and relied on your platform for recording our show. Our show is a one-take podcast which cannot be re-recorded since it loses all its' authenticity that way. We used your platform for recording our show, and have no other copy of this file. I find it very disappointing to find out we shouldn't have trusted your recording platform and that it turns out as unreliable. Throughout the recording, everything occurred normally and we had no indication that anything was wrong. We plan to produce many more shows and thought your platform was a steady and reliable option for us to record and share our media. We were considering upgrading that account to a pro unlimited version so we can share our data on your platform as our content grows, an idea which now seems irrelevant, due to the fact we are now discovering it is not as reliable and trust worthy as we had thought it to be.
I ask you to make another effort and try other ways to restore our file. As i have mentioned above, we do not have another copy of this file and re-recording it will be useless. We want to know we can trust your platform and costumer service as our show grows.

Thank you,
Idan

Hi Idan,

Thank you for your message and for explaining your situation. I can understand how frustrating this must be. I've attempted to restore the file again, however did not have success 😕 Also, I double checked for any indication where the upload might have gone wrong, yet everything looks fine on your account settings. It seems like the connection between your phone and our server got disconnected at some point, which caused for the issue to occur in the first place.

I've looked for ways to improve your workflow for future recordings and came up with some ideas.
  1. You could still use the recording feature on your SoundCloud app, however import the recording to a computer rather then uploading it through the app. This way you'd a) have a backup, and b) can upload the file through a computer web browser. Android File Transfer can be used to do so for instance, or the sync / file management software your phone offers to sync your phone with a computer.
  2. Use a computer to record the podcast. There are a number of software apps for recording audio, one of them being Audacity which is freeware and which I've found quite intuitive to use.
Again, I'm really sorry that your previous recording got lost on the way, and I acknowledge the mentioned above are merely workarounds then solutions, but I hope it will eventually help you getting your podcasts to your audience more reliably.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks you & all the best
Mathis