Answered

tracks stuck at processing

• 9 December 2018
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1
I've been trying to replace a track (I'm using soundcloud Pro) and it ALWAYS is getting stuck at processing. I can click "save" but it will just be stuck at processing no matter how long I wait.
This happens with any track, so I decided to try uploading a new track but the same thing happens. No matter what type of audio track I'm uploading/replacing, it will be stuck at processing.

I have tried 4 different browsers and 3 different devices, and the same thing keeps happening.
There's also some weird text clipping at the top right.
Here's what it looks like:

Any help or suggestions would really be appreciated...
icon

Best answer by Icoste 10 December 2018, 10:23

My guess is that someone in the SoundCloud dev team posted some code on a late Friday night (never do that, btw!!) that somehow starts tracking what users do on the Homepage and the Upload page, but didn't check the case when people didn't want to be tracked (in the way that it looks for code that is not injected in this particular case, hence causing this error).

It's really too bad that users have to find workarounds for this bug: @DukeSniper and I found some equally working fix, I didn't check his fix because in the meantime I had found another fix, but I'm sure it's working since it short-circuits the primary problem "window.ga is not a function" by defining the function that the script needs.

I hope the SoundCloud team will come with a fix very soon because a lot of people don't want to be tracked, don't know about the community and/or don't want to inject script in their browser :/

I forgot to tell because it was super late over here in France when I posted my fix, but there is a step I didn't specify:

• Once you have turned the "Help us unhance SoundCloud blabla" to "Yes" in the "Analytics" parameters, cancel your upload and reload the upload page so that the JavaScript gets refreshed; else the error will still be present.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 1
Okay I now see there are actually loads of people with this problem for a while now......

Soundcloud, please, at least put something on the status blog! Isn't that the whole point of the status blog?
Seconded.

I am experiencing the same issue and have been experiencing this issue all weekend.
Userlevel 1
I'm reposting the fix I found tonight, I hope it's gonna help :)

In the Parameters (right-top corner) > Analytics of SoundCloud, say "Yes" to "Help us enhance SoundCloud bla bla bla". It will prevent the JavaScript from crashing during the upload, and the HomePage will work again.

Here's how I found about that bug:

I opened my Chrome console, I saw errors and I googled for the error messages: it had to do with a vue.js extension that gets buggy when one blocks analytics scripts with a Chrome extension. So, I tried disabling my extensions (didn't work), disabling my Kaspersky (didn't work either) and then I checked this button on my parameters page and VOILÀ, the errors in the Chrome console disappeared!
Userlevel 2
Soundcloud, please, at least put something on the status blog! Isn't that the whole point of the status blog?

This is how I got absolutely pissed off by SC. NOT EVEN A NOTE on the status blog and customer support platform. smh.
Userlevel 1

In the Parameters (right-top corner) > Analytics of SoundCloud, say "Yes" to "Help us enhance SoundCloud bla bla bla". It will prevent the JavaScript from crashing during the upload, and the HomePage will work again.

I opened my Chrome console, I saw errors and I googled for the error messages: it had to do with a vue.js extension that gets buggy when one blocks analytics scripts with a Chrome extension. So, I tried disabling my extensions (didn't work), disabling my Kaspersky (didn't work either) and then I checked this button on my parameters page and VOILÀ, the errors in the Chrome console disappeared!

thanks,
sadly it didn't change anything though.. The same thing's still happening, on all my browsers/devices, after refreshing etc too.. :(
so frustrating
Userlevel 1
SOLUTION!
Got it from this thread:

https://community.soundcloud.com/upload-manage-230060/workaround-for-stacked-processing-7424449#post18060087

And it actually worked!

so no thanks @ the soundcloud crew, who did absolutely nothing :p

but yeah if anyone is still getting this issue, try this. I didn't expect it to work but it did (it seems to only work on chrome though)
Userlevel 1

First off: the Chrome browser extension (Tampermonkey) and code inject described above DID NOT WORK for me.

@Icoste's solution, however, absolutely worked for me. I'm on Mac OS High Sierra and just tried this using Safari (latest version), and it works!!! Make sure you click the reload page link after you turn the Analytics option on.

To summarize:

1. Click the "..." in the upper right hand corner.
  2. Select Settings from the dropdown menu.
  3. Select the Analytics tab.
  4. Follow @Icoste 's instructions above.
  5. Click the reload link in the Analytics tab.
  6. Upload your stuff normally.
Thanks again for the workaround!

You're the 'person' lcoste. Did just as you recommended and it immediately worked for the track that had been languishing in processing purgatory for the last hour or so. I'm on Windows using a Firefox browser btw.

--Freddie
Userlevel 3
@Icoste's solution is for people using Ad Blocker.

My solution was injection the code to fix broken scripts that for "'window.ga' is not function".

Maybe... I think the problem of Cannot execute subsequent code by failed load the Google Analytics script.
SOLUTION!
Got it from this thread:

https://community.soundcloud.com/upload-manage-230060/workaround-for-stacked-processing-7424449#post18060087

And it actually worked!

so no thanks @ the soundcloud crew, who did absolutely nothing :p

but yeah if anyone is still getting this issue, try this. I didn't expect it to work but it did (it seems to only work on chrome though)
FYI, after clicking "Yes" to "Help us enhance SoundCloud...", the track stuck in processing showed as uploaded and ready. I then went back to the analytics page and turned it back off to "No". And guess what, the track went back to processing which makes no sense.

So now my question is why all of a sudden do you have to enable Soundcloud to track you in order for your tracks to post (no pun intended)? This is something new for me as I only recently started having this "processing" problem yet have always had my account set to "No" on "Help us enhance Soundcloud..."

--Freddie
The Innkeeper's Guestbook Podcast
Userlevel 3
My Setting was "No" on Analytics, so that occurred the Problem.
but I hope still "No", so then I injected the dummy Analytics
Userlevel 1
There's an easy way to "remove" the broken GA stuff: https://community.soundcloud.com/upload-manage-230060/workaround-for-stacked-processing-7424449
Userlevel 1
My guess is that someone in the SoundCloud dev team posted some code on a late Friday night (never do that, btw!!) that somehow starts tracking what users do on the Homepage and the Upload page, but didn't check the case when people didn't want to be tracked (in the way that it looks for code that is not injected in this particular case, hence causing this error).

It's really too bad that users have to find workarounds for this bug: @DukeSniper and I found some equally working fix, I didn't check his fix because in the meantime I had found another fix, but I'm sure it's working since it short-circuits the primary problem "window.ga is not a function" by defining the function that the script needs.

I hope the SoundCloud team will come with a fix very soon because a lot of people don't want to be tracked, don't know about the community and/or don't want to inject script in their browser :/

I forgot to tell because it was super late over here in France when I posted my fix, but there is a step I didn't specify:

• Once you have turned the "Help us unhance SoundCloud blabla" to "Yes" in the "Analytics" parameters, cancel your upload and reload the upload page so that the JavaScript gets refreshed; else the error will still be present.