Answered

Trap hi-hats distortion

• 29 November 2016
  • 4 replies

Hi, I have this problem fot a long time and I really don´t know what to do. When I make beats, sound is really good in my DAW (i´m making in FL Studio 12) When I export them, they have good quality too, but when I upload some beat in soundcloud, it sounds like shit (especially hi hats), I tried to change hi hats or put the volume down but nothing helps. When I upload a beat without hi hats, it sounds good so I don´t understand what I´m doing wrong. Please help me:( Thanks for your advices and please sorry for my terrible english.
icon

Best answer by Dj Next 1 December 2016, 03:04

i would say check your mix on diffrent devices - the "standard" ones are your monitors, car, phone, laptop speakers. if the mix is ok then check the uploaded file playback results on different platforms - you can do this free on platforms such as reverb nation, bandcamp, twine - this will tell you if the problem is particular to soundcloud or not. if it is then continue researching problem here, if not you'll need to troubleshoot your mix. obvious things to check in mix are if the mix is peaking or clipping ie; master output above 0db. if it is you need to rectify this in mix. another thing you could try is getting the track mastered at landr.com - you can share mastered mix directly to soundcloud from there and see what the landr master sounds like. note that still won't fix a problem in your mixdown tho.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
hmmm it'll be compression and lower bit rate on SC version probably then if your mix is ok. have you tried diff devices? same problem on other platforms eg; bandcamp, spotify, itunes, etc? are you uploading to SC in high quality (eg; WAV)?
hmmm it'll be compression and lower bit rate on SC version probably then if your mix is ok. have you tried diff devices? same problem on other platforms eg; bandcamp, spotify, itunes, etc? are you uploading to SC in high quality (eg; WAV)? I tried to upload it in high quality wav and mp3 too but quality was the same..sound was bad..I have only soundcloud
Userlevel 3
Badge
i would say check your mix on diffrent devices - the "standard" ones are your monitors, car, phone, laptop speakers. if the mix is ok then check the uploaded file playback results on different platforms - you can do this free on platforms such as reverb nation, bandcamp, twine - this will tell you if the problem is particular to soundcloud or not. if it is then continue researching problem here, if not you'll need to troubleshoot your mix. obvious things to check in mix are if the mix is peaking or clipping ie; master output above 0db. if it is you need to rectify this in mix. another thing you could try is getting the track mastered at landr.com - you can share mastered mix directly to soundcloud from there and see what the landr master sounds like. note that still won't fix a problem in your mixdown tho.
I uploaded mine to Reverb Nation and it sounds great. It's just soundcloud that has a problem