Question

upload date problems - private to public process

i have a new original release vtomorrow and i've set up the track 3 days ago (in a private mode) - i've tried to make it public but the upload date is still 3 days ago 😕 that way i won't be noticed in soundcloud's stream 😞 how i can fix this?

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Hello there,
One way of doing it would be to reupload. I'm not aware of any other ways.
IK
Hello there,
IK

The thing is that we have a premier account and we already got the track graphics attached to the private link 😕
Userlevel 5
Hello there,
IK

I see. I have not used premium account, so you might be lucky and have an option to do this, but I don't know of such. Still though, to make sure, you could check to see what the options are when you edit the track. If there is no such option , you would have to reupload.
IK
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Riot,

Thanks for visiting the help forum. Tracks switched from private to public will maintain the original upload date however as a Premier subscription holder you have access to the scheduled upload feature. Are you aware of this feature? I'll reach out to you via private email to give instruction.

Cheers and apologies for inconvenience caused,
Gina
Hi Riot,

Thanks for visiting the help forum. Tracks switched from private to public will maintain the original upload date however as a Premier subscription holder you have access to the scheduled upload feature. Are you aware of this feature? I'll reach out to you via private email to give instruction.

Gina

Hey Gina,
We aware that we have the availability control the schedule public/private by time but the upload date of the track still don't change.

For example, if we uploaded a track to a private mode 3 days ago and we're making it public now, the upload date will still be 3 days ago and the audience won't notice you in soundcloud's stream 😕
Hi Riot,

Gina

Hello Gina, I have the same problem. Sheduled uploads still keep the original uplaod date. Can you drop me an email with more infos?Thanks
Gina please e-mail me too, same issue - I'm switching a promo from private to public and I want it to show up at the top of everyone's wall/timeline/stream - but since I uploaded it a few days ago, it won't be viewable to people checking their stream. Please advise, thanks!
Hi Riot,

Gina

Hi Gina, Do you know if the scheduling feature is working now and could you please contact me in a PM and explain how it works? I have a track coming out today so I need to know as fast as possible. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Riot,

Gina

Hi Johannes,

Sorry about the late follow up on this one - I can see you've also reached out via email and were able to get this sorted. I would've recommended to write in to our support team via email, so even better your way ahead 🙂
We've been uploading a series of radio programmes to our soundcloud premium account as we made them but had to wait till broadcast date before being able to make them public - now the date is months old as its going by the original upload date - is there a way of changing this to day we make them public as make private tracks public for the first time - please email if its complicated - thanks
Gina please e-mail me too, same issue - I'm switching a promo from private to public and I want it to show up at the top of everyone's wall/timeline/stream - but since I uploaded it a few days ago, it won't be viewable to people checking their stream. Please advise, thanks!
did you ever figure this out?
1 year and still no fix?! I can't find an answer anywhere. Lmk if there is a fix. Thx