Question

upload not playing

• 17 September 2016
  • 2 replies

I uploaded an interview from Zoom Handy Recorder and it won't play. There is a timer in the corner that keeps increasing. This happened originally and i realized that with the free soundcloud I didn't have enough space to upload such a large file. So I upgraded and I am now still having the same problem. At least now it actually displays the length of the track. Help please!

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear about this.

This happens when the uploaded file(s) has/have not been properly saved to our servers, causing it/them to be stuck in a processing state.

If it/they are still there, could you try deleting the track(s) and uploading it/them again?

First of all, we recommend uploading directly from SoundCloud instead of third party applications or any other software, as we cannot control how the integration of our API is done, and we therefore cannot offer support for the same reasons.

Also, to be on the safe side, make sure the file(s) you want to upload is/are in .wav or .mp3 and that it/they has/have been exported in 44.1kHz and 16bit.

Also, if you can try uploading through an ethernet connection instead of a wifi network, that usually works best.

Lastly, for the encoding process to take place in the best possible way, we recommend you leaving all the fields empty except for the title, until the track was fully uploaded and has entered processing. (Orange half of the upload bar)

Let us know if this worked.

Cheers,
Jen
Userlevel 3
HI Jen, glad to see Soundcloud has put a second person on this forum, which sees hardly any response from Soundcloud at all... Some of us try to help out as best we can, but we keep getting increasingly frustrated that Soundcloud keeps becoming more and more disengaged with the community that makes Soundcloud great.

Please tell your bosses that we want the old Soundcloud back and we want a way for musicians to be able to network with each other and support the success of each other rather than just a way we can complain about losing all our favorite features, which leads to Soundcloud ignoring us even more.