Question

Upload Quality

• 15 July 2017
  • 5 replies

When I upload my music to Soundcloud the quality seems to get worse. Whenever I try to upload a song to Soundcloud the parts of the song are distorted, I checked if it was my headphones but the distortion is still there, especially with high hats, snares and sweep sounds. I tried converting my song to a WAV file so it's not as compressed. And that didn't work. So then I tried remastering my track, and that hardly helped. So I'm really confused, maybe it's just because Soundcloud doesn't have the highest quality for track uploading. But that doesn't mean I don't like Soundcloud, I just need some tips on making it so this doesn't happen.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

I have the same problem. First time it occurred was a couple of weeks ago, never had the problem with any other songs I uploaded before, would be great if anyone could reply
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Some of our users are reaching out due to a degraded sound quality on mobile, and that can be caused by a bug on our end, but it sounds like this is not the case here. A good start might be this article to see if there is anything you can improve during the mixing & mastering process.

On a more general note, all of our uploads are rendered into 128kbps mp3 audio files for the purpose of streaming, i.e. the file does get compressed, which makes a slight loss in quality inevitable.

Cheers
Mathis
My music does not get mastered with conventional techniques. Pure fractal synthesis straight from Sylenth1. The quality is alarmingly lower.
@secretcloud @Ghobadfans Have you guys found a real solution to this issue yet? I have been having this same issue for a month now.
@VIZITOR still don't know why it occurred all of a sudden back then but it ended up just being too loud and turning the master volume down helped