Question

Upload tracks to existing playlist

• 8 October 2015
  • 23 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello, before your recent UI update, we could UPLOAD a new track to an existing playlist directly from the PLAYLIST's editing screen (which was the "old sound cloud's UI"). I'm not a nostalgic but that feature was really useful since in ONE step I could Upload (or add) multiple new tracks to a playlist from the playlist's editing screen, I can't seem to do that anymore, when you go to Playlists > Edit (Pencil) > Tracks, you can DELETE, REORDER but not ADD or UPLOAD.

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. Sorry about the confusion. This feature indeed no longer exists since the recent changes to playlist editing.

Right now, I'd recommend to use the track manager page in order to add multiple tracks of yours to an existent playlist.

I will, however, make sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant product team, no doubt.
Userlevel 1
Yeah, I learned about the track manager page the hard way after several (frustrating) attempts to find a function that ceased to exist.

Pretty sad thing that new UIs look better but loose important functionality.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Yeah, I learned about the track manager page the hard way after several (frustrating) attempts to find a function that ceased to exist.

Thanks for the follow up. Forwarded to the product team.

The track manager page is still a pain for those who have thousands of tracks on soundcloud. Please bring back the add to playlist function again
I don't understand why you would remove this feature. Keep the new UI just add the ability to upload directly to the playlist. Add an upload button to the "tracks" panel of the edit screen.
Userlevel 1
This is a terrible change in UI. It used to be 3 clicks total to upload a new song to an existing playlist. Now it's a maze of searching and clicks. Please fix ASAP.

I completely agree. The usability of SoundCloud is absolutely terrible. It's the most frustrating app and website I've ever used, but there's no good competitor so I keep using this huge turd of a tool.
I really don't think SoundCloud employs UX or customer experience professionals because the web app and mobile app are both extremely frustrating to use.
This is a bit crazy - I simply cannot figure out how to upload a track to an existing playlist of mine. I guess I have to delete the current playlist and upload all my songs to a new playlist in order to keep them in one playlist?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This is a bit crazy - I simply cannot figure out how to upload a track to an existing playlist of mine. I guess I have to delete the current playlist and upload all my songs to a new playlist in order to keep them in one playlist?
Hey there,

You should be able to upload a track, then go to the track page and add the track to a playlist of yours from there. Is this not working for you?
Userlevel 1
Mathis- I have seen you comment several times in other threads acknowledging that this is a feature that was taken away. Are you not understanding the issue at hand? This has NOTHING to do with uploading a track, then doing something else. It used to be a one-step task. Now, it's not, and it's immensely confusing. The regular upload process you had in place for 5ish years has been replaced with something that lacks many of the past features. It needs to be fixed, not have us get used to doing a many-step new process.
This is my current predicament as well. I thought I would be able to add more music to my playlists but now it seems ill have to keep making the same playlist title over and over again for every song i want to add(which means ill have 5 playlists titled "hiphop" for example for when I add new music that isn't my own). Happy you have acknowledged this Mathis, please please fix. Also, why isnt there a repeat button?? i mean c'mon..
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there snsmix,

No doubt, I understand your position, however I'm not the one hitting the switch on how these features behave. Hence, I'm trying to provide ways to work around something that has changed. At the same time, though, we're forwarding the feedback from you to the relevant product teams as well.
This is completely botched. WE PAY FOR THIS. Your playlist management has turned less efficient than a simple folder system! WHY! Just dreadful.
This is just seriously terrible. As a PAYING member, I have to say thatextremelycommonly used workflows simply being removed just seems terrible at every level. It's honestly as if no one that works at SoundCloud has actually used the app in real life.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This is just seriously terrible. As a PAYING member, I have to say thatextremelycommonly used workflows simply being removed just seems terrible at every level. It's honestly as if no one that works at SoundCloud has actually used the app in real life.
Hi Gardentone,

I can understand your frustration, so thank you for voicing your feedback about this here. We're forwarding the feedback to the relevant product team, and will continue to do so.

Best
Mathis
You can add my voice to the feedback. This current situation is ridiculous. Please restore this function.
I would like to be able to upload a track directly to an existing playlist
This is still a flawed system, any news on it getting fixed?
This is absolutely horrible. Literally ruins workflow. As an archivist with literally thousands of playlists, it's impossible to comb through everything when I want to just add tracks (often a dozen or so at a time) to an existing playlist. I hope there is a resolution sometime soon. Been a devoted user for almost 7 years and the program has been getting worse and worse since it started. Please restore this feature! How difficult can it be??
Userlevel 1
So this isn't ever getting fixed eh? I guess "forwarding the feedback to the relevant product team" is corporate shorthand for "lol, screw off". For a company who purports to be trying to attract "creators", the lack of attention to how the "creator" side of the platform works is incomprehensible.
I really need this functionality--can you reassure us that you will restore "upload a track to an existing playlist"? Please?