Answered

Uploading Problems

• 25 September 2016
  • 1 reply

I have a file that is a Garage Band original song. I am having major problems uploading it. the song is only 2 or so minutes long and i have plenty of time left for my free account, but whenever i chose the file to upload it, a icon pops up saying that the file isn't supported. I am using the latest version of google chrome.
icon

Best answer by Warriorpoets 25 September 2016, 21:25

For best results convert your file to .MP3 format first... Soundcloud is going to convert your file to that format once you're uploaded anways, and they do it in the lower quality 128kb/s range so everyone's internet connection can hear it without it dropping out due to not enough bandwidth. I personally convert my .wav files, which are huge in size to .mp3 files in the highest quality 320kb/s range so people get highest quality if they download and Soundcloud has no problem converting an .mp3 to lower quality for streaming!
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
For best results convert your file to .MP3 format first... Soundcloud is going to convert your file to that format once you're uploaded anways, and they do it in the lower quality 128kb/s range so everyone's internet connection can hear it without it dropping out due to not enough bandwidth. I personally convert my .wav files, which are huge in size to .mp3 files in the highest quality 320kb/s range so people get highest quality if they download and Soundcloud has no problem converting an .mp3 to lower quality for streaming!