Question

uploading songs from garageband to soundcloud

• 8 February 2018
  • 4 replies

i tried to upload a song from garageband to soundcloud. when it’s done uploading it keeps saying failed to upload and to review my account detail but i have no clue what the problem is because my account is totally fine. someone please help

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Anthony,

Sorry to hear about this. I've looked into this for you. You seem to have registered via Facebook, but without an email address. In order to start uploading tracks to your account, SoundCloud has the legal requirement for a valid and confirmed email address. The integration on 3rd party apps isn't always clear about this.

Not to worry - please sign in on a computer web browser and head over to your settings at https://soundcloud.com/settings and provide a valid email address. Once you've confirmed this address (you'll receive an email in your inbox with a link to confirm etc.), you'll be able to upload properly :)

Cheers
Mathis
I can't upload my tracks from Garageband either. I uploaded one with no trouble from my iphone7 but went to upload a second track and the upload failed. I just get a message saying to check my account but have looked at my account and all is the same as before...nothing odd...
Yes it says upload failed for me too
Trying to upload a file from garage band but I keep getting the error that the file isn't supported. From my understanding, Garageband defaults to an AIFF file which is supported (and even preferred by SoundCloud) so there shouldn't be any issues right? Any idea why the upload isn't working? I'm working in version 76 of Google Chrome which is above the version 40 requirement from SoundCloud too.