Question

Upon uploading, only 30 seconds of a sound are played

I've just uploaded a track that I wish to release in less than 5 days. The upload only plays 30 seconds. This definitely isn't an issue with the track itself, as I checked that numerous times using Audacity and other audio editing programs.

As for owning the content, I am the sole owner and give credit to two people for inspiration and the track name.

I uploaded the content myself, and am signed in to said account. Shouldn't I be able to hear the entire track, even without signing up for some scheme to earn money, especially considering I never opted to have my sound be locked behind that "option"?

4 replies

thats strange. i recommend you try to reload the SC app (if you have it) or restart your web browser
thats strange. i recommend you try to reload the SC app (if you have it) or restart your web browser

This was the first thing I tried, actually. Thought it could be a cache issue after that, so I also attempted to clear the cache, restart the browser and proceeded to listen again. 30 seconds.

No idea what could be going on, although I will figure it out and upload anything I make after I figure out this issue. Don't want to rule out SC as a possibility for music distribution, if I don't have to.
well It might be just a server issue or something like that and I know SC will fix it soon. But if the problem happens again, I recommend you file a ticket to SC support
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, very odd! From what I can see, the flac file you've uploaded encodes into a 30sec track that is streamed on SoundCloud. Have you tried to export it into a .wav file and upload that to see if this might help?