What to do when my track is stuck in processing?

Userlevel 3
Hey there creators,

We sometimes see users getting in touch, explaining their newest and freshest tracks are stuck in processing. Yikes! This can have a number of issues. Here's what you can do to sort this out:

• Please make sure you've uploaded your track in a compatible audio format. Some formats get their way through the upload, however our encoder then fails to convert the track for streaming, at which point you would see the track as being "processing". We support AIFF, WAVE (WAV), FLAC, ALAC, OGG, MP2, MP3, AAC, AMR, and WMA files. The maximum file size is 5GB. Tracks that are over 6 hours and 45 minutes long will not be able to be transcoded by our system.
  • Check our Status Blog to make sure that there are not any problems occurring around the transcoding process at this time.
  • Delete the pending track from your SoundCloud profile and re-upload it.

If you've recorded the track directly in your browser, chances are that the flash plugin has crashed in the background 😕 Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do from our end to help recover this recording. For future reference, we recommend to use an audio recording- or editing software to make sure you can always come back to the recording project file. Once you're happy with your recording, you can export the track from the software into a compatible audio format, and upload the file from your browser.

We hope this helps.

Happy uploading everyone
Mathis
This topic has been closed for comments

118 replies

GHOSTBOY wrote:

I've been trying to upload since last night, upload keeps restarting. used classic uploader and now stuck on track is being processed. HELP!!

my track is 'still being processed' and i dont know WHY?????
Hi Mathis Im having same problem could you help?
DarK PenguiN wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Anyone have time estimates for 'processing'?.

How am I supposed to know if I should re-uplaod and try again when I have zero baseline of rwhat the processing time SHOULD be?

I see tons of posts with problems concerning processing times , however even though my upload seems to be stuck in processing (2 hours) I am not sure it is since the recording was around 1 hour 50 mins and if its working and just generally takes longer to process than the length of the mp3 I do not wish to try again and have to wait 2 more hours just to get to the point im at now.

So- 1 hr 50 min mp3- Should it be taking more than 2 hours- thanks

You merged my question with an unrelated one instead of just answering if its normal to take this long not what to do if it isnt working... omg, nvm im done here.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I uploaded 5 tracks which have been stuck in processing for 11 days. They are all....
I am uploading a series of tracks in a playlist, and a few of them got stuck on "processing". I've tried several times and have left them processing for several hours and even overnight. They are: Sound Designer II Audio 43.3MB, Sound Designer II Audio 6.6 MB, Sound Designer II audio 18 MB, Apple MPEG-4 audio 7.9 MB, Sound Designer II Audio 34.3 MB, Sound Designer II Audio 7MB. Other files of both types and of larger sizes have uploaded successfully. I am a Soundcloud Pro user, and have 188 minutes left. I have left a message with the Help Centre but had no response.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hey I have two songs for whatever reason cannot be processed (E Samba and Craig) ....

Uploading issues with 2 songs
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Tracks stuck on processing.

I am uploading a series of tracks in a playlist, and a few of them got stuck on "processing". I've tried several times and have left them processing for several hours and even overnight. They are: Sound Designer II Audio 43.3MB, Sound Designer II Audio 6.6 MB, Sound Designer II audio 18 MB, Apple MPEG-4 audio 7.9 MB, Sound Designer II Audio 34.3 MB, Sound Designer II Audio 7MB. Other files of both types and of larger sizes have uploaded successfully. I am a Soundcloud Pro user, and have 188 minutes left. I have left a message with the Help Centre but had no response.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Processing taking too long.

I'm trying to upload a file which is well under a minute in time, and it's been processing for over an hour. I had no problem uploading a similar sized file the night before so why am I encountering this problem now?
I am trying to upload a track onto here and it says that the upload was completed, however, when I go to the track, it says that the track is still being processed. This has been happening for over a half hour now, and this has never happened before.
I'm getting the same thing! Sent a tweet to SC support but nothing back so far 😕
so am I its been getting processed for over 3 hours wtf???
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Track Processing.

I am trying to upload a track onto here and it says that the upload was completed, however, when I go to the track, it says that the track is still being processed. This has been happening for over a half hour now, and this has never happened before.
GHOSTBOY wrote:

I've been trying to upload since last night, upload keeps restarting. used classic uploader and now stuck on track is being processed. HELP!!

Same issue here with one of yesterday's tracks (16 minutes, uploaded from SoundCloud Android app - which I guess doesn't store a backup once it thinks it's done with the uploading so it's gone for good...?)
yeah but what about me? i just tried uploading a track and it has been processing for an hour. I'm really frustrated, I wanted to share this thing ASAP and instead i'm just sitting here refreshing the page and pulling my fucking hair out.
Hey mine is doing the same, what should i do
when i try to upload my track, it says it's complete then when i go to it, it says processing and no matter what i try it always says processing please help
Ive tried to upload the same track twice from my pc, and its about two minutes long, but all it says is track being processed and it never uploads. I left it for two days, and it still did not upload. But, i tested if i could upload anything from my phone, and that worked.
I've tried every single solution and nothing has helped. I've tried multiple browsers, I've deleted and uploaded my track multiple times, I have disabled adblocker and other plugins, I have also erased my cookies and caches. I only have Ableton Live Intro and can only export as a WAV or AIFF, so I can't upload as mp3 to make it easier. Please help.
The track.
https://soundcloud.com/brennen-drachnik/tracks
Upon uploading a song, the track gets stuck in the "track processing" stage. The file format is correct and I've tried changing the link but nothing seems to work. Another thing to note is when I upload the song the loading bar above the photo and song info loads with the regular orange and blue colors for a bit but then turns grey which doesn't seem like it's supposed to happen. Any help is appreciated.
My tracks have been stuck in this state for 20 hours and are in a good format.
So has mine taking ages!!!!
exact same happens to me
I recorded an interview I did with someone earlier for an article I'm writing but it's still stuck in processing. I recorded it with the tool inside SoundCloud, and I don't have a file of it at all and no way of doing the interview again. Is this typically how long it takes or am I screwed?