What to do when my track is stuck in processing?

Userlevel 4
Hey there creators,

We sometimes see users getting in touch, explaining their newest and freshest tracks are stuck in processing. Yikes! This can have a number of issues. Here's what you can do to sort this out:

• Please make sure you've uploaded your track in a compatible audio format. Some formats get their way through the upload, however our encoder then fails to convert the track for streaming, at which point you would see the track as being "processing". We support AIFF, WAVE (WAV), FLAC, ALAC, OGG, MP2, MP3, AAC, AMR, and WMA files. The maximum file size is 5GB. Tracks that are over 6 hours and 45 minutes long will not be able to be transcoded by our system.
  • Check our Status Blog to make sure that there are not any problems occurring around the transcoding process at this time.
  • Delete the pending track from your SoundCloud profile and re-upload it.

If you've recorded the track directly in your browser, chances are that the flash plugin has crashed in the background 😕 Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do from our end to help recover this recording. For future reference, we recommend to use an audio recording- or editing software to make sure you can always come back to the recording project file. Once you're happy with your recording, you can export the track from the software into a compatible audio format, and upload the file from your browser.

We hope this helps.

Happy uploading everyone
Mathis

This topic has been closed for comments

363 replies

I recorded a lecture, and the track has been stuck on processing ever since. The recording was about 30 minutes long and its been a couple hours since recording.
Track will not finish processing.
I use KillerMobile Android App Total Recall Auto Upload to SoundCloud. Unfortunately, although SoundCloud registers the uploads as processing, they never complete processing... Any suggestions on where things are going wrong?
help please.
Track stuck in processing, tried deleting and re-uploading but no luck. They also won't delete so at this point in time I have three uploads of the same track all sitting there stuck in processing. Any guess as to how long this will take to fix?
Hi. I have problems after I've uploaded tracks. The tracks have been processing for over 12 hours. can anyone help me sorting this out please?
ive tried multiple things to upload my song but it keeps saying Error processing track. i want to upload it pretty bad. can anyone help me?
I have tried different browsers and computers yet nothing helps. What gives?
Track is stuck on processing. Have deleted and uploaded the file 5 times and it always gets stuck on processing. Have been working on it for almost 3 hours now.
Tried reuploading,no luck.Waiting 2 hours and nothing is happening.Help!
my track says that its processing and it wont play it... i've tried reposting about 5 times.. this is terribly frustrating can i please have some help??
I've tried four times to upload one 3 minutes song. I've read as many of the posts as I can bear. Is SC having issues today because I think I'm going nuts! I've done all the suggested changes in name, title, etc. to no avail. Help! I bailed out of another website to use SC because of its supposedly ease of use with Studio One.
I am having this problem as well.
Userlevel 4
Hi there,

We sometimes see users getting in touch, explaining their newest and freshest tracks are stuck in processing. Yikes! This can have a number of issues. Here's what to do.
  • Please make sure you've uploaded your track in a compatible format. Some formats get their way through the upload, however our encoder then fails to convert the track for Streaming, at which point you would see the track as being "processing". We support AIFF, WAVE (WAV), FLAC, ALAC, OGG, MP2, MP3, AAC, AMR, and WMA files.
  • Sometimes, the issue may have its root cause on our end - our transcoding system might experience downtime. While our engineers do their best to keep this at an absolute minimum, it can happen. If it does, we'll update you asap. You would then either see a banner on SoundCloud.com indicating there's a temporary issue, or a blog post on our status blog, or both.
  • Finally, for general info on the matter of Uploading, please review this article on our Help Center.
We hope this helps. Happy uploading everyone 🙂

Cheers
Gina & Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why is processing taking so long? I tried all the suggested actions for the past ....

I've tried four times to upload one 3 minutes song. I've read as many of the posts as I can bear. Is SC having issues today because I think I'm going nuts! I've done all the suggested changes in name, title, etc. to no avail. Help! I bailed out of another website to use SC because of its supposedly ease of use with Studio One.
So when using Studio One is there an additional step I have to take prior to uploading?
I'm having a problem with uploading my sound, It's saying this track is being processed and i've deleted it and waited for it to upload to save it but still won't process. Any help I could get would be much appreciated.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled This track is being processed.

Hi after few days my track is still being processed, please check it, thank you.

https://soundcloud.com/nirmala-vidya-portal/1987-0711-talk-to-sahaja
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Im trying to upload a new song, and it just says processing. its been 16 hours?.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled This Track is being Processed.

My upload is reading "This track is being processed". The file is only 10min long and its has been "processing" for over an hour
Its been hours, I've even tried to re-upload my track however, its still stuck on processing.
my tracks been processing for 4 hours so i took it down and tried again and it is still doing the same thing please help
I uploaded a podcast yesterday & it is not working. Just says 'This Track is Processing' and no change in over 24hours. Have tried replacing the track and deleting the track & reuploading but still appears the same. Is there a problem with the site currently?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled "this track is still processing".

Its been hours, I've even tried to re-upload my track however, its still stuck on processing.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled track been processing for 4 hours.

my tracks been processing for 4 hours so i took it down and tried again and it is still doing the same thing please help