Question

when i upload i get Error saving track. Please try again.

• 11 October 2014
  • 21 replies

when i upload i get Error saving track. Please try again. Require either asset_data parameter, or uid and original_filename parameters, so what to do???

21 replies

i have the same problem can we please get a solution , thanks
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
why is my track still proseccing after more than half an hour?.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thank you for posting and sorry to hear you were having troubles with this. Let's see.

In general, there are a few basic maintenance steps that I'd recommend:
  1. To start fresh, clear your browser's cache and cookies, close the browser window, and open a new one.
  2. Check and see that you have the latest version of Flash installed (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer).
  3. If you've installed any plugins (Adblock, Flashblock, HTTPS everywhere) on your browser, please disable them temporarily, as this may help. Plugins can sometimes block SoundCloud from working properly.
  4. Additionally, please disable or allow for an exemption on any pop up blocker, firewall, or antivirus on your computer.
  5. In the event that you are still experiencing difficulties, you may also want to try a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc.) to see if the issue continues. This way we can confirm whether or not this is a local issue on your browser.
@Reyder - I can see that you've managed to upload your new track to your SoundCloud profile in the meantime - perfect!
@Michele Hili - Please look into your notifications and email inbox - you should have received a message as to why your upload failed. If you have any further questions around this, please feel free to write in to us directly here.

Cheers,
Mathis

P.S.: These descriptions can also be found on our announcement about uploading issues. Please make sure to use the search function on the forum before posting 😉
I also get the same message and none of the things above have helped?

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks

Hi realbirko,

Can you please give me the name of the troubled track so that I can take a look for you?

Thanks,
Gina

Thanks

Hi I got this problem since today, since SCloud crashed few minuts/hours. Then I wasn't able to upload any sound anymore.

I've been disconnected from your site during the crash. Then I logged back and was unable to upload any sound (I tryed different MP3). I don't really want to clean all my cookies & cache (cause I need them first) and I dont understand why it doesnt work precisely NOW and never did that before.

Sorry for my english, I'm from Belgium. My other friends have no prob to upload from Belgium, so I really want to know WHY ME ? 😢
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks

Hi Joerges,

I am really sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately sometimes glitches happen that cause uploads to be delayed. When this occurs we have to push out back end fixes. Updating your browser or clearing your cache helps these fixes to update on your local computer which is why we recommend this.

Another thing to keep in mind is that sometimes we can have delays in uploading due to hevay traffic on the site.

I hope this helps to explain!

Best,
Gina

Thanks

Thks Gina, actually it was a "delay issue". The upload works again, it was just the trafic (I just didn't understant why some friends were able to upload and not me).

😉

Thanks

I have the same problem my sound track name is Copeland Miller

Thanks

I have the same problem. I uploaded a track about an hour ago and that was fine but this one (Slap Magic) won't upload, no matter what i try???

Thanks

I have too
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks

Hi there,

@Skin One - I can see the track is now uploaded properly to your account.

@Aykut - I currently don't see any tracks on your account, neither public nor private, or stuck in the processing state. Thus, I'd recommend for you to try our basic troubleshooting steps first to see if this helps.
@Mathis Thats the problem. Whne i try to upload a track, it gives error. "download cancelled"
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@Mathis Thats the problem. Whne i try to upload a track, it gives error. "download cancelled"
Aykut,

Can I ask you to take a screenshot please? I'm confused as you're using both terms "upload" and "download" here, and I want to make sure we're on the same page about this.

Looking forward to hearing from you again soon.

Cheers
Mathis
Sorry, my bad. ''Upload'' is the correct one, and here's the screenshot ;

It happens everytime when Im trying to upload music or else. That's my problem. So, we are on the same page.

Best Regards,
Aykut
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Aykut,

Hmm, weird - can I ask what format you're trying to upload? For reference, here's our compatibility list:

We support AIFF, WAVE (WAV), FLAC, ALAC, OGG, MP2, MP3, AAC, AMR, and WMA files. The maximum file size is 5GB. If your sound is over 6 hours and 45 minutes long, our system will not be able to process it.

Cheers
Mathis

P.S.: Have you tried the basic steps? Which browsers have you tried? Any extensions that might prevent this from working properly?
It's WAV format sound file. I tried basic steps, but the result is same.
This is my first time using soundcloud and three of my four recordings have failed to upload. They appear on my page profile as "This track is being processed" but this has been up there for some time - any help would be much appreciated!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there londonredjazz,

Sorry we couldn't get back to you at an earlier time. I can see you've now managed to get your tracks fully processed and publicly available on your profile - perfect!

Since you mentioned you're using SoundCloud for the first tome, here is a great guide for how to use SoundCloud to your advantage: http://on.soundcloud.com/creator-guide

Cheers
Mathis

Thanks

Mine too. It keeps saying "Error saving track. 404 - Not Found. Please try again."
It's my 8th try already I think
when i try to take a photo,on my trac photo,error keeps popping up