Question

Why are my followers not receiving email when i post new songs

Userlevel 1
When i posted 2 new songs a few days ago, none of my friends or followers received any email or notification about my uploads.
Is there something wrong with soundcloud's mailing system.

15 replies

Userlevel 5
Hello there,
Soundcloud does not send notification emails to an artist's fans inboxes. Instead, the newly uploaded tracks, and the reposted tracks, appear in the 'Stream feed' of those who are following you ( the page, that appears when you click on 'Home') .
IK
Userlevel 1
If that is so, then why do I get hundreds of emails when people I follow post new music. Every time one of my followers or somebody i follow post's a new song, i get a notification email telling me they have posted new music. When i say email, i mean email to my external mail account, not the inbox on soundcloud.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
If that is so, then why do I get hundreds of emails when people I follow post new music. Every time one of my followers or somebody i follow post's a new song, i get a notification email telling me they have posted new music. When i say email, i mean email to my external mail account, not the inbox on soundcloud.
Hi Syd,

These followers need to have notifications for incoming tracks ticked in their email settings. This can be found here: http://soundcloud.com/settings/email.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Gina
I don't think anyone that follows people on soundcloud knows that you have to go to the email settings just to receive incoming tracks from the people they're following. I have 6.6k followers but NO ONE knows when I upload new music, UNLESS it appears on they're news feed. All of my followers aren't active users of soundcloud to even see what's on their news feed. I think soundcloud needs to change this OR make a warning box pop up whenever one follows someone and say something like "Would you like to receive email notifications when _____ uploads new music?"....because this current system isn't beneficial to anyone. When I upload music I expect 6.6k followers to hear my new music on the first day. Please, change these settings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I don't think anyone that follows people on soundcloud knows that you have to go to the email settings just to receive incoming tracks from the people they're following. I have 6.6k followers but NO ONE knows when I upload new music, UNLESS it appears on they're news feed. All of my followers aren't active users of soundcloud to even see what's on their news feed. I think soundcloud needs to change this OR make a warning box pop up whenever one follows someone and say something like "Would you like to receive email notifications when _____ uploads new music?"....because this current system isn't beneficial to anyone. When I upload music I expect 6.6k followers to hear my new music on the first day. Please, change these settings.
Hi Ramaj,

Thanks for providing feedback around this. I'll forward this to the relevant product team.
Userlevel 1
Totally agree.
Was anything done on this?
Userlevel 2
Everything is ticked in my settings, in fact i didn't change anything. I just no more receive new track post email for one+ month. For some people i follow it's even 6+ months.
And btw, since that, i don't discuss with people anymore, no more life, damaged relationships.
I can't check all my 179 following by hand, even once a week.
This issue is still persistent in 2017. It's misleading to have an option choosing to receive an email notification of new "Posts" by users you follow.

Please note, It's been stated lightly once to simply re-enable the setting but it's still yet again... persistent.

So how do we receive email notifications of newly posted tracks from users we follow?
The last time that I received an e-mail for a new track being uploaded by a Soundcloud user that I follow was back in September. Did they remove this feature? I also only occasionally get notifications of new tracks from users that I follow on the mobile app. Have they removed these features to be able to get notified of every new track? It's useless to only get occasional notifications -- if I follow a podcast, I'd like to be notified of *every* new podcast that they upload. I shouldn't have to constantly check the app and browse through it to see what's new.
...(The only notifications I get are the random ones) I shouldn't have to constantly check the app and browse through it to see what's new.

This is obviously the kind of browsing they're pushing for. About the random notifications, it's stranger than weird....what's the point. Not once did it ever suggest something I'll ever consider listening. It's confirmed problem is still persistent.

I mean, isn't this SoundCloud's official community for where people ask for help and actually get responses?
the objective is to prevent you and all other non label artists from growing and allow the push for the corporate label people magically come up with a gazilling views and comments, all to reliquish us all to the back....like youtube ddid. . Like pandorah is about to do. we are no longer needed. Like tv did, when it was filled with a lot of home grown shows and acts locally created...then the giant corporations said, thank you very much for growing the market, and we will now pass government level laws preventing you from remaining and any potential for a new you to grow, and we will now stand in your spots.

Internet radio? same thing... Lobby them right out the way and now the corp takes over.the sad part is, unlike the past, the NEW bottle neck is pushing out artists that cant really make ANYTHING ...they cant produce better than us... Unlike the past where there were earth wind and fire type bands that were actually BETTER than most. NOW, these people are no better if not worse than the people they look to thwart.
http://supplementvalley.com/visalia-skincare/
http://supplementvalley.com/rejuva-complex/
This is so fucking dumb im so angry about this
What is the point in having followers if they have no idea ive uploaded a song? It makes it so much harder to get your music plays/likes/reposts and essentially grow as an artist.
*suggestion for soundcloud*
When someone newly makes an account, automatically set their account to get notifications from everyone they follow when they upload a song. Make an option for them to turn OFF notifications if they feel they are being spammed. Or they can unfollow the person they feel is spamming, simple.
There is seriously no way to get an email when someone I follow posts a new track? Come on guys...