Question

why is SoundCloud personal messaging me and deleting my tracks upon uploading?

• 22 April 2017
  • 5 replies

Hey guy, this is my first time on this forum so bear with me, I have no clue why Soundcloud deleted my track seconds after I upload it and then literally messages me saying "Hi" kinda spooked me at first but when I tried to reupload the track multiple times and got the same message I figured something has to be wrong, I do the same thing everytime I upload so I am not sure why now is different.

5 replies

Does the message you receive state anything other than, "Hi"? Sometimes the track can be flagged improperly for copyright infringement or the format you are uploading in is not being transcoded properly. Are these uploads taking place when you are on a mobile device or a computer?

A few other questions:

Mac OS/Windows?
What web browser are you using to perform the upload? (if on a computer)
If you are using a mobile device is all of your software up to date and Souncloud at it's latest released version for iOS or Android?

Cheers,
Hope I can maybe help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

I just came across this topic - I believe the message in question was accidentally sent by our system. If in doubt about copyrights, please see here on our Help Center.

Cheers
Mathis
same thing happened to me. i uploaded a remix of sicko mode and it got taken down instantly. with the same message saying "Hi" it freaked me tf out.

i tried uploading the remix to my other account and then i got this message:

"Hi [my name],
It looks like your track
"shikko mowed"
might contain or be a copy of "SICKO MODE" by Travis Scott, which is owned by owned by Epic/Grand Hustle/Cactus Jack in certain territories.
As a result, your track has been removed from your profile for the time being.
– Wait SoundCloud, I think I have the rights to this!
If you think we've made a mistake, you can tell us about it by following the link below and filing a dispute. You can file a dispute if:
• we've wrongly identified the track
• we've correctly identified the track, but you have the rights to post this to SoundCloud - for example, because you are the copyright owner or have permission from the copyright owner(s).
If either of these things apply to you, tell us about it here:
copyright.soundcloud.com/dispute/soun…tes:31064493
To learn more about copyright, please visit our copyright information page: soundcloud.com/pages/copyright.
Thank you,
The SoundCloud Copyright team"
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
same thing happened to me. i uploaded a remix of sicko mode and it got taken down instantly. with the same message saying "Hi" it freaked me tf out.

i tried uploading the remix to my other account and then i got this message:

"Hi [my name],
..."

Thank you Lylat for reporting this here on the Community. I'll forward accordingly.
Same all I got was hi Owen