Question

Why is there no "blues" genre?

• 30 November 2015
  • 5 replies

Your R&B brings up "soul" and NO blues or blues/rock popular today. We are a blues band paying tribute to "blues masters of the past and present" such as Joe Bonamassa, Gary Moore, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Johnny Winter, Eric Clapton, Eric Johnson, Kenny Wayne Shepard, etc.. How can you skip an entire genre? I don't think ANY of this material belongs in your "R&B" genre... with the likes of the Supreme's and other soul/vocal bands...

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Tommy,

Thank you for getting in touch about this. I will make sure to pass on your query to the relevant product team for future planning around this. I would recommend you to add Blues as the first tag to your tracks, as this acts as your genre classification. This way, users who are looking for "Blues" can find you more easily.

Cheers
Mathis
I agree, needs to be a blues genre!
Hi there Tommy,

Thank you for getting in touch about this. I will make sure to pass on your query to the relevant product team for future planning around this. I would recommend you to add Blues as the first tag to your tracks, as this acts as your genre classification. This way, users who are looking for "Blues" can find you more easily.

Cheers
Mathis

I agree as well. Soundcloud...let's get it right! Segregate the blues genre! Its not Jazz and it's not R&B in todays industry.
It's been 4 months since this has been requested by more than just one per poster. I can't believe you haven't fixed this yet. Huge disappointment. I don't want to spend hours searching individual songs to put on a play list. If there's no way to pull up Blues before my 30 day trial ends I won't be staying.
Hi there Tommy,

Cheers
Mathis

I agree. Blues is genre I'm sure everyone would like to see. As it stands now, you have to listen and hope you come across some blues tunes. Also, there are a couple more major genres of music that should be included. I had to hit "Custom" to add "Acoustic Rock" or just "Acoustic Guitar" as a genre. Blues and many more should be included as choices and not just TAGS!